This Very Fine 1930 Penny has
- A full central diamond, with four clear sides of the diamond that leap out and knock you in the eye.
- Six clear and plump pearls in the crown.
- The oval to the left of the central diamond is intact.
- Minimal marks in the field
- The reverse is particularly impressive with well-defined upper and lower scrolls and inner beading.
- A strong ‘1930’ date
- The edges are undamaged. The fields are undamaged, glossy and smooth.
- The toning is a handsome even chocolate brown.
And while all the quality attributes of points 1 to 8 may seem very technical … it is the complete and strong central diamond, that places this coin in the extremely rare category and justifies the supreme quality level of Very Fine.
We rank this coin in the top 5 per cent of known surviving examples.
Our experiences attest to the scarcity of a 1930 Penny at this quality level. We might have access to one, maybe two Very Fine 1930 Pennies each year, such is its limited availability.
The pie chart clearly shows the extreme scarcity of this 1930 Penny (The grey area).